Earthworm fertilizer business (Vermicompost production business)
Earthworm manure (vermicompost) is a type of organic fertilizer or fertilizer. Which is made by earthworms and other types of insects by decomposing organic residual substances. It is a type of odorless, hygienic and organic manure. Many types of micronutrient elements like nitrogen, calcium, potash are found in it.
Earthworm manure (Vermicompost) is made by natural method, hence it does not harm the fields nor the use of chemical fertilizers which keeps the fertilizer capacity of the fields and the fields are not barren. The environment is also safe by not using chemical fertilizers
Vermicompost production business
What is vermicompost?
It digs out grass, garbage, cow dung, mud, etc. swallowed by earthworms and takes them out as malls. This organic material is in a ground state, it is called earthworm manure.
The proper location for making vermicompost
To make Vermicompost, one should choose a place where the environment is moist and shady because a location with a shady and moist environment is required for making earthworm manure. When choosing the location of earthworm manure, special care should be taken for the source of water and drainage.
What season do compost
Although all the people make earthworm fertilizer all year round, the most appropriate time is when the temperature of Musahar is around 15 to 25 degrees. Earthworms are very active at this temperature and fertilizer is formed quickly.
Selection of earthworm species
As we all know there are many species of earthworms and we can produce earthworm fertilizer from any species. But the best species for farmers is Eicinia photo da. The earthworms of this caste are easily looked after.
Ingredients required to make earthworm compost
Many types of materials are required to make earthworm manure such as –
- 2 to 3-meter pit according to your convenience or for making Ketchua ravine
- To fill small pebbles and stone pits of 1 cm size, 3 inches.
- To fill sandpit 3 inches
- Dung manure – 50 to 80 kg
- Dried Organic – 40 to 60 Kg
- Agricultural waste and waste – 120 to 140 kg
- 2000 earthworms
Read Also: How to start spices making business?
How to make earthworm manure
You can also use a pit made of 6X3X3 feet or a wooden box or a carat made of plastic to make the earthworm manure but necessary care must be taken to drain the water.
- First of all, lay a layer of briquette or small pieces of stone 2 to 3 inches thick.
- After this, place a 3-inch thick layer of sand on top of the stone.
- Now after this, the loam is laying a 5-inch layer of soil.
- Moisten this layer of soil with water, and about 50 to 60%.
- In the soil moist with water, we put 1000 earthworms per square meter in the soil.
- After this, on the soil itself, the cow dung manure is added a little in many places. After this, put grass, dried leaves on top of cow dung.
- Now cover it with bore or sack and keep pouring water in it every day. This activity lasts for about a month.
- After a month, after removing the covered sack or bore, add vegetal waste in the ratio of 6: 4 and spread it as a layer of 2 to 3 inches thick.
- While adding waste, plastic, metal and glass pieces should be removed from it. After this, it should be covered again and water should be kept to keep the soil moist.
- The waste should be added every week and the water should be kept daily according to the moisture.
- Earthworm manure is ready 45 days after the pit is filled. In these 45 days, keep turning the garbage waste once a week and keep giving water, stop giving water on the 45th day, after two-three days earthworms will go to the vermin.
- By doing this, the remaining earthworms will move to the lower stony area and you can remove the manure.
- Use earthworm manure (vermicompost) as per need. First, dry it in the open air and fill it in a plastic bag with 20 to 25 percent moisture.
Benefits of earthworm manure
There are many advantages of using earthworm manure which is as follows-
- All kinds of nutrients, hormones, and jams are also found in it. Whereas only nitrogen, phosphorus and potash are found in fertilizers.
- The effect of earthworm manure lasts for a long time in the field and provides nutrients to the plants, while the effect of fertilizer ends soon.
- Its use improves the configuration and structure of the land, while fertilizers spoil it.
- Due to this, the land will not become barren while fertile quickly becomes barren.
- It is a completely natural fertilizer for crops, it has no side effects.
- Reduces land erosion and protects the environment.
- The size, color, brightness, and taste of crops improve, the production capacity of the land increases, product quality also increases as a result.
- Increases air circulation inside the ground.
Precautions while preparing earthworm compost
- The pit should be shady and slightly elevated.
- Make a hole in the wooden box or plastic carat so that the water does not stop.
- Always keep moisture in the pit.
- Do not use any kind of chemical in earthworm manure.
- Do not use the system to separate the manure by hand. Due to which earthworms die